Friday, February 9, 2007

Rainy day dull-drums

I have the spring cleaning bug. At least, I think that's what ails me. I am restless with my current project - a sweater made from some grey wool, not very exciting (I'll try to post pictures soon). I am itching to get back to my spinning wheel and spin something. I even want to get into my "sewing" room ( the junk collecting room in the house), and try and dig out my sewing machine. I will see if I can't get started tonight, by removing some of the boxes we know we want, and stack them in the garage for the time being.

I have several boxes of fleece I need to see if I can't do something producttive with them. Maybe start cleaning the fleece, so I can card the stuff to spin. I certainly have enough fleece to last awhile, and MUST STOP bringing home orphaned wool. At least for the time being.

It's raining today, and expected to be wet all weekend. Unfortunately ( or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I have a birthday party to take a child to. Each DD has a different party to go to, so DH and I will split the duties. Bowling or jumper house. I think I'm heading to the jumper house. Wheeeeee! I guess if it's gonna rain this weekend, I should be happy I have an activity to take the younger child to that should be good at wearing her out. It ain't pretty when the girls get stir-crazy!

OK, let's see what I can get done. I need to reduce the clutter in that room, or at least better organize the stuff so it's not falling all over the place (of course the cats don't help by climbing the piles, causing them to topple over... That's my styory and I'm sticking to it). Wisk me luck, I'm going in.....

No comments: