Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Kind of a ketch-up sort of color, don't you think?
Here's my clue 3 from the Spring Shawl Surprise. I actually finished this last week sometime, and plunged into clue 4. I was hoping to get it done last weekend, but hardly even picked it up. Not for lack of desire, just something more pressing took my attention. I am almost done with clue 4, and if work goes as it's been, I will finish it before the end of the week. Now that I am past clue 2, things are going so much better. It was really kicking my butt, and I have come to terms with it's victory and doubled my efforts to achieve some sense of accomplishment. The group has just issued clue 8, so I am only sort of behind. I can still catch the group if I progress as I have over the last few weeks, and put my head down and just keep pedaling ( I'll be at the top of the hill in no time...if it doesn't kill me first).
BTW, the night out with my Sweetie was WONDERFUL! We went out to dinner and a movie, without kids in tow. My husband is already planning on a repeat in a month or so for our anniversary. It will be fun.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
From my Sweetie.
I actually received them yesterday, and any time you get flowers from your sweetie, well to quote someone famous " It's a good thing!"
I have them at work so I can enjoy them all day ( and besides, so far I was the only one to get flowers at work. OK girls, eat you heart out!!!).
We will be going out for dinner on Sunday, just the 2 of us, so I am getting kind of excited about tghe idea. It's been a long time since we've been able to go out without the girls coming too.
happy Valentine's Day everyone, now go out and hug someone.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
I know New Year's resolutions are made to be broken, so I try, as a rule, to not mke them. This year, I decided there were a few things I needed to change so I made "Promises to do better".
1. Be better at paying the bills on time- it's not so much that I don't have the money (although there have been things have been pretty darn tight). Just lazy at sitting down with the bills AND the checkbook at the same time.
2. Post more regularly. Keep better tabs on where I'm at, and what I'm up to.
3. Try to reduce the stash. Any stash. This is my year to de-clutter. Oh sure, I did buy more yarn in January, but it doesn't count (any knitting fiend will atest to that!). But, in general, I want to start eliminating some of the piles I have built up around me, and find better homes for the stuff I am not using, haven't used inyears, and won't use in the foreseeable future.
4. Try to finish what I start. This kind of works in conjunction with #2. If I can finish some of the projects I've started, I could use up some of the stuff I have in my stash, waiting for my attention.
5. Not jump on every boat with the intials K-A-L. I am addicted to them. I have signed up for too many this spring, and now some of them are really kicking my butt!
A - The Spring Shawl Surprise is the first to come to mind. Althought this started at the beginning of January, I am only half way through clue2. I have had to re-start this a few times, them stop in progress to go back and fix things. It's a grewat pattern, but I refuse to let it get the best of me! I keep trying to move along ( just slower to hopefully reduce the mistakes).
B - The Secret of the Stole II -Clue 2 shown above. This one knits up nice. I like this one. Here I have just finished clue 2, and will embark on clue 3. The group has released Clue 3 and will release clue 4 on Friday (tomorrow). The good thing is once I start working on this, it knits up nicely. Fun to knit.
C - Dem-Fischer-sin-fru This one just started up 2 weeks ago, and I am only just casting on ( I was waiting for yarn to arrive). I'm not sure about the hshape, but I like the challange of the pattern none-the-less.
D - Mystery Shawl#6 - half way through clue 4 (so much for posting the completed clue anytime soon). In my last post I showed a picture through clue 3, and it's looking pretty good. I should just concentrate on finishing this off, but I have other things that need to take precedence. This might get shifted to the UFO drawer until later in the spring (at least until after Easter).
E - Galveston Shawl. Yes, I'm still plugging away on this. I am on around row 20 of 34 for clue 6 ( before starting the knit on border). This thing is hugh - before blocking. It will be larger then large once blocked. Although the idea does kind of excite me and makes me want to finish it. i can almost see an end in sight... the thought of completeing something has me kind of giddy. I can't think of any project I'v finished yet since the New Year....started many, completed few.
What is the New Year anyway, but another date on the calander. See if these were resolutions, I would not be making too much progress, but sice they are simply Promises, I feel like I am keeping my own or slowly making progress.