Thursday, July 24, 2008

On The Needles


This is a summer project I found on the net. I was trying to get to this project sooner, but better late then never. This is a lace sampler from BadCat Designs. I was browsing around and happened upon the project. Here you can see all of clue 1 and 3/4 of clue 2. Since this picture was taken, I have finished clue 3 and , oh, about 2/3 of the way through clue 3. I like this project. It's not real wide, but depending on how it blocks, I may end up using this as a scarf instead of a wrap/stole. The color is listed as Aloe, but I would call it a soft apple. A little color without being too powerful. dark enough to add a little color, but light enough to over dye if it's not quite right.


I had also strated the Mystic Meadow Stole, almost on time with everyone... but life has a way of getting on the way of things. It is wallowing, waiting for me to commence clue 2. You can't see as much detail as this pattern has. It's a lovely pattern, challanging yet not frustrating. I really like it. I want to get onto clue 2....maybe this weekend.

I have missed my knitting. I need that creative outlet, and for the last month this has been kind of put on the back burner. My company had to move out of it's building, and we didn't have as mcuh notice as most companies need. It was a lot of work for 2-3 weeks before the move, and 2-3 weeks after the move as well. Now with things kind of quieting down at work, I am hoping to get back to some knitting. I know I do have some sewing to take care of first (back to school is right around the corner). But soon.

No comments: