Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Cold Toesies


Well, I found my first project of the year. As I was walking around the house the other day, I thought something was stuck to the bottom of my slipper. When I went to remove whatever the clump was, I found it was a part of the slipper itself. The sole was falling apart. When I spin, I kick off my right slipper, so I can feel the wheel better. I would often walk around the house with just the left foot on, so I must have managed to wear that slipper down faster then the right one. Drats! I found a cute slipper to try. It looks simple, warm, and practical. I have plenty of wool in my stash that would work great for this....(think big box of NewZealand Wool in corner of sewing room...ebay gone awry).

I have some aegen blue yarn that work great for this.

After that, don't know. I got some great dk brownish-grey yarn from friends for Christmas, I think from their recent trip to Ireland. It's a little bulkier then I've used in awhile. I am scouring the internet, looking for ideas of what to do with it. Nothing decided yet. Also received some great dk yarn from another friend, that's a greenish-black sock yarn. I don't know for sure howe much I have, but it sure looked like a lot of skeins ( I just didn't get around to counting it yet). I want to find a feminine styled sweater to wear at the office. This year I want to wear more dresses to work. Last year I wore a dress/skirt onve, so it won't take much to achieve this goal....I've been feeling like dresses lately (until I go outside into the cold, then think maybe it's not such a great idea), so I want something for the office. It may be time to head on a field trip to the fabric store...just me and my yarn. Sigh!

No comments: