Friday, January 5, 2007

Toeses still freezing...

Progress is slow on my new slippers. I have started them, am about 1/3 done with first one, but let me tell you, this is huge! I will knit one, then felt it up to see how it goes. If everything works out ok, I'll knit the second one. If not.... either way, Ill post before/after picture so you get an idea of how it looks.

I received my Christmas gift from BIL, and all I can say is " WOW "! 3lbs of Alpaca, in a beautiful russet brown. I am surpised how little this stuff smells(actually it smells clean but is still pretty dirty). I thought it would have an "earthier" smell to it, but not bad at all. I did pull some out to play with a little, but I want to clean it up before doing too much with it. I will try an wash the stuff this weakend. Too bad it's not spring/summer, the stuff would dry quick and easy, but the way it is around here, it's taking a little bit of time to get things to dry out. Oh well, good things come to those who wait. I can wait a little longer if it means really good alpaca!

No comments: