Thursday, April 26, 2007

April's almost gone

April's almost gone, and I still ahven't planted tomato plants. I tought I'd get some from Mom for Easter, but she said they weren't quite ready yet. Now here we are, a few weeks down the road, and still no plants. I guess it's time to head over to the store to get a few plants for the yard, and see if Mom has something next time she comes to town.

Haven't accomplished much with the stuff on the needles. I ran out of fuzzy aqua yarn for the baby blanket, and haven't had time to go to the yarn store to look for more. I did start the Mystery Shawl, but the pattern wasn't what I wanted, so I'm thinking of a few ways to change the construction to fit more of what I was feeling like doing. I was just using the plain vanilla colors wool yarn, same as last time. I have tons of it, and I think it will be dye-able once completed, to a better color ( or at least it's a good neutral color now).

I've progressed some on the booty bag. I have finished the bottom portion, and have turned the corners to start working up the sides. It was more time consuming then I expected to pick up the stitches along the other 3 sides of the bottom flap. I am pleased so far how it's turning out. A great brain twister using both colors at once. I'm sure it will ge real interesting once the design of the Skull and crossbones comes up here in a row or two. Colors are a nice contrast, and it's quite fun to knit the 2 layers at the same time. It does make me excited to try the 2 socks at once idea again.

I have got to get a camera! I received an anniversary present from the employer, and I should get a camera with it. I'll need to talk to the DH and make this happen!

Happy knitting.

No comments: