Tuesday, April 10, 2007

One down, so many to go

Yeah, I finlly finished the MysteryShawl. I haven't blocked it yet - tryting to figure out when I can do that. 2 Kids, 2 cats and 1 DH makes for crowded diggs, I will have to wait a little. I'll try to post a picture before blocking, just to get an idea.

I have started in earnest to work on the baby blanket in the fuzzy aqua yarn. I haven't gone too far, and sometimes it seems to drag on, but I must persevere. It's a nice feather and fan pattern. I haven't found the other baby blanket I was working on - ROE in white. I have the center part done, now starting on the outer boarders. iT was getting too big for the circular needles I was using, so the progress at the time I was working on it last was very slow. But the baby isn't due until June, only the baby shower is this month.

I have played a little more with the double knit bag I was thinking of as a diaper bag. I have lots of red and blue New Zealand wool yarn. Too scratchy for clothes, but perfect for felted items. As I mentioned, this is double knit, so we are working the inner and outer layers at the same time. At first I was trying to carry both yarns as mentioned somewhere on the internet as holding one yarn in each hand. This was a great brain twister, but somewaht cumbersome. I finally figured out how to hold both yarns with the same hand so I can knit faster without having to stop and wrap te yarn around. It gets to be kind of fun as you get into it. I am still only working on the bottom, but I figure a little here, a ittle there, why I should be done before the kid graduates from college...right?

Happy knitting.

No comments: