Friday, June 15, 2007

Well my baby DD2 has finally passed from the “Baby” stage to the “Big Girl” phase. Ask any Mom and she’ll tell you that their child seems like a baby/toddler until one day you look at them and realize they’ve lost their baby “glow”. That’s what happened to DD2. We started the girls at their new school ( just around the corner) this week and the difference in her is amazing. She feels like such a big kid because she’s taking a lunch box (apparently only big kids take lunch boxes). She didn’t want to put it in her back pack- then no one would see her lunch box, hand carry only! I was kind of worried about her starting at a new school were she didn’t know anyone (there have been times this last year where dropping her off at school had been very difficult due to separation issues), but she’s been great. We go into class, she greets everyone and usually joins right in with whatever they’re doing. She comes home all excited about how her day went.

DD1 was more of a surprise for me (although in retrospect, I don’t know why this surprised me. She has always had a thing for the dramatics). She has turned all shy and uncertain of what to do. I’m sure a big part of this is leaving all her friends behind. When we get to school in the morning, I have to hang around a few minutes until she feels OK . It’s getting easier, but will take a little time for her to adjust.

OTN - I'm still plugging away at the Mystery Shawl 3, Clue 3. I'm not even half way through and the next clue comes out tomorrow ( although I don't usually get it until Monday mornings). I won't get much chance to knit tonight-too much going on this weekend to prepare for, but maybe later this weekend....of course it would probably help if I didn't keep adding new projects without finishing what's on the needles now. I have a whole closet of UFO from lack of attention.....

Happy Knitting.

No comments: