Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Picking Up The Pieces

Remember this?

I finally picked this back up to finish it. I was trying to see what the daffodil looked like here. I like the pattern and am anxious to see this done. I really like daffodils, ever since I went to Connecticut in the early spring several years ago. The daffodils and the crocus were just popping up through the snow.

My problem now is I'm not sure I have enough string to finish this project. i never think to check the requirement when it comes to doilies, I just plow ahead(besides, I usually don't knit to gauge anyway). I used this color because I liked it, but also because I thought I had plenty with 2 complete ball of the stuff. I will have to dig deep in my stash to see if I can find anymore. I'm not at a stand still, but I can see the cardboard tube the ball is wound on. I'm just getting nervous.

This is not the first time I've had this happen. A few years ago I started a doily in a royal blue color. It was looking real nice when suddenly I found I was out of string. I looked all over, but couldn't find anything to use for the outer rim. I just put it aside for the time being. I think it's still just sitting on the needle, waiting to be completed.

No comments: