Thursday, November 29, 2007

Not much to show for it


I go away for a week and a half on vaction, and this is all the knitting I have to show for it. I was actually hoping to get quite a bit more done during our time away, but I made the mistake of picking up a book I was wanting to read. I couldn't put it down until I finished.
But who could knit with this to look at?


This was the view during our rain forest hike. We walked around for 3 hours- beautiful, lush scenery, wildlife abound - including the mositoes. Everyone in our group had their own personal cloud of the little pests (yuck).






While we were in Costa Rica, my DD1 had her 8th Bday. This was actually taken on her special day, which we spent in Puerto Viejo, shopping and hanging at the sports bar(the guys needed their football fix).






Here's one of the highlites of the trip - the Zip Line Experince. Here you see them getting the gear on- harnesses and safety lines.



















That platform sure looks way up there! I don't have a problem with heights, but the ladders was steeper then they look. We'd climb up to the platform top, they'd hook us up to the cables and away we'd go.







It was great fun to go flying through the air on these cables. I would like to try this again on a more advanced cable run (I heard such tales of more challanging set ups). I was able to pretty much control my positioning without getting turned around, or getting my fingers smashed, or knocking the guides off the platforms...I think that's pretty darn good.

No comments: