Thursday, January 17, 2008

Better Late Then Never


I feel like I haven't done much lately, but I do have Clue 2 for the Mystery Shawl#6 to show. I am almost done with clue 3, I hope to post pictures by the end of this week. I am very please with how this is coming along.

I also have clue #1 of the Spring Shawl Surprise done. I had about half of clue 2 done when I found I had a problem that really needed to be frogged back and corrected. Since this meant time and concentration, I had put it aside for about a week. Unfortunately these things done fix themselves (I kept hoping the knitting elves would make a secrete appearance, but to no avail). Finally I bit the bullet and proceeded to fix my problem on the piece. I ended up un-knitting 12 rows of the piece. While i was re-rolling the yarn back on the spool, I managed to knock over my fresh cup of coffee...all over everything on the desk(at least this time I missed my keyboard, unlike last week).

And ii finally found my Galveston Shawl, and slowly am working on this as well. I had it before Christmas, but then couldn't find it for several weeks there ( I had put it one of the Xmas ornament boxes, so it was put back in the garage for the whole holiday period. I was so frustrated, because I had seen it one day, and not the next, and had a vague image of me putting somewhere that made sense at the time (dope. I can't even blame the well-meaning-but-often-clueless-when-it-comes-to- knitting guy. Nope, I'm pretty sure it was me). At least i have it now. I have 4-5 rows to go on clue 5, then 6 and 7 to finish. It is making progress, albeit slow.

As much as I love the holidays, and this year was good-relaxing and fun, I sure am glad it's over and things are sort of back to normal. kids are back to school, and work is going. I am a little worried about work, but I'll either have a job or I wont. You keep hearing stories about the economy going bad, and we sort of see it, but by-and-large, we don't quite yet. I sometimes panic about losing my job then trying to make the end smeet with the kids tuition and the house payment. I just have to calm myself down, and remind myself, we have a little nest egg for just such emergencies. things will work themselves out...one way or another.

Back to the needles for now. I do fine if I take life, one stitch at a time.

Keep Smiling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I found your shawl very beautiful, do you know if the pattern is now ready to be sold by the designer??
I know that the Yahoo group is closed for registers, so perhaps the knitalong is also finished.
Thank for your answer because I am looking for this pattern.
Agnès (Vichy - France)