Monday, January 21, 2008

I said I would, so here goes


I managed to finish clue 3 of the Mystery Shawl#6. I actually finished Friday night, but couldn't get to the computer due to DH and DD. They tend to hog the computer for their on-line games. It's looking good. I am just about to start clue 4, and hope to finish that clue by the end of this week. I have already signed up for the next Mystery Shawl that starts in March(? I think. It could be February).

I went to Reno this last weekend to visit Family, and took along my Spring Shawl Surprise. I thought I had everything sorted out and was progressing nicely(after ripping out several rows last week), but noticed something is messed up (again along the right side of the middle design. I tried to un-knit a small portion but had to stop, as it looked like I was messing it up further. I wanted to wait until I had better light and less distraction before picking that up again.

On the good news side, I also took along my Galveston Shawl, and was able to finish clue 5, and start on clue 6 (which seems to knit faster). The sides are getting big, so knitting a round seems to take quite a bit of time. I am getting excited about finishing this off(even though if I stop to think about it, I have about 30 rows of clue 6 to do, then the border around this piece, so we are still talking about a lot of knitting on this project, but an end is insight). As I work on this, I often dream about what color I would have liked to have done this in. Right now it is a vanilla color, but I am thinking of dying it a Wedgwood/french blue when done. We'll see.

I am loving the knitting. It's good to be clicking the needles again after a dry (knitting project wise) holiday. Now after several hours of knitting, I am slowed bu aching hands, bummer, but to be expected ( we're talking 4-5 hours of knitting). I guess one doesn't live on knitting along.....

No comments: