Thursday, February 7, 2008

I May Need To Re-think This


I know New Year's resolutions are made to be broken, so I try, as a rule, to not mke them. This year, I decided there were a few things I needed to change so I made "Promises to do better".

1. Be better at paying the bills on time- it's not so much that I don't have the money (although there have been things have been pretty darn tight). Just lazy at sitting down with the bills AND the checkbook at the same time.

2. Post more regularly. Keep better tabs on where I'm at, and what I'm up to.

3. Try to reduce the stash. Any stash. This is my year to de-clutter. Oh sure, I did buy more yarn in January, but it doesn't count (any knitting fiend will atest to that!). But, in general, I want to start eliminating some of the piles I have built up around me, and find better homes for the stuff I am not using, haven't used inyears, and won't use in the foreseeable future.

4. Try to finish what I start. This kind of works in conjunction with #2. If I can finish some of the projects I've started, I could use up some of the stuff I have in my stash, waiting for my attention.

5. Not jump on every boat with the intials K-A-L. I am addicted to them. I have signed up for too many this spring, and now some of them are really kicking my butt!

A - The Spring Shawl Surprise is the first to come to mind. Althought this started at the beginning of January, I am only half way through clue2. I have had to re-start this a few times, them stop in progress to go back and fix things. It's a grewat pattern, but I refuse to let it get the best of me! I keep trying to move along ( just slower to hopefully reduce the mistakes).

B - The Secret of the Stole II -Clue 2 shown above. This one knits up nice. I like this one. Here I have just finished clue 2, and will embark on clue 3. The group has released Clue 3 and will release clue 4 on Friday (tomorrow). The good thing is once I start working on this, it knits up nicely. Fun to knit.

C - Dem-Fischer-sin-fru This one just started up 2 weeks ago, and I am only just casting on ( I was waiting for yarn to arrive). I'm not sure about the hshape, but I like the challange of the pattern none-the-less.

D - Mystery Shawl#6 - half way through clue 4 (so much for posting the completed clue anytime soon). In my last post I showed a picture through clue 3, and it's looking pretty good. I should just concentrate on finishing this off, but I have other things that need to take precedence. This might get shifted to the UFO drawer until later in the spring (at least until after Easter).

E - Galveston Shawl. Yes, I'm still plugging away on this. I am on around row 20 of 34 for clue 6 ( before starting the knit on border). This thing is hugh - before blocking. It will be larger then large once blocked. Although the idea does kind of excite me and makes me want to finish it. i can almost see an end in sight... the thought of completeing something has me kind of giddy. I can't think of any project I'v finished yet since the New Year....started many, completed few.

What is the New Year anyway, but another date on the calander. See if these were resolutions, I would not be making too much progress, but sice they are simply Promises, I feel like I am keeping my own or slowly making progress.

1 comment:

SYLVIE said...

Your Secret of the Stole ii looks really nice, I just finished clue 3 today.

I'm working on Spring Shawl Surprise too and I've done clue 3 but I've put it aside too, I find it hard to do. I don't know if I'll get back to it, we'll see.

I like the other shawl you've done it looks really nice!