Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday, Baby



5 years ago, yesterday......

We had a wonderful time at Chuck E Cheese to celebrate her special day. I'm sure she would have liked a little more...like a party with 100 of her closest friend. Unfortunately, we spent a little too much over the weekend to attend a wedding for my nephew, down in San Diego. The airfare, hotel rates, and car rental (not to mention the wedding dress supplies needed to make the dress for the bride) all took a hefty chunk out of the old piggy bank.

Continuing on my perfect record, I still have to complete a knitting project this calander year. At least I was able to finish the wedding dress(the bride was beautiful), I just wish I had a picture of it. I had taken my camera with me with the express desire to get a picture, but it was left at the hotel while I ran out to help the bride get dressed for the big event. I am trying to find out if any of the family (I had lots of family there) managed to get a picture. I think someone said the photographer was going to post the pictures to his website, and we would be able to order copies from him...so I will check this rumor our. I would like to get a copy just so I have something to remember the episode by (I mean besides all the scraps of white fabric strewn about my sewing room, the small bouquets of roses bought and discarded-again around the sewing room, to adorn the skirt).

On a brighter note, I have started the knitted edge of the Galveston Shawl. I am almost...almost done with the first edge. Then, just 3 more to go. It's only taken me months the get this far! It's looking real good, and will be a fairly large size. I was thinking of dying it frecnh blue, but now I'm not so sure. I just want to be done with it.

I better go, I have cupcakes to make for DD2's class to celebrate her birthday. I need eggs to get the dirty deed done. Happy Birthday, baby! I sure do love you!

No comments: