Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oh MY!




You Are 68% Creative



You are beyond creative. You are a true artist - even if it's not in the conventional sense of the word.

You love creating for its own sake, and you find yourself quite inspired at times.




I was a little curious when I saw this quiz on a blog. Once I started reading the questions my curiosity soon turned to worry, and I didn't feel my answers were too ....carefree?....indicative of me?.....creative? This wasn't as bad as I feared, but not as good as I hoped. I use to be so creative, so "head in the clouds"... now I feel grounded with 2 loving DDs and a husband, 2 cats, a mortgage, a full time job, and all the trappings that can come with life sometimes.

On a good note, I am almost done with the wedding dress for my Nephew's Fiancee. The wedding is at Easter, so it's not too soon. I hope to finish it before this weekend ( I mostly need to hem the skirt).

I have been doing some knitting (mostly during slow times at work). I have finished clue 3 on Secret of The Stole II. I started into clue 4 before I relized it wasn't the same on both edges anuymore, so I need to frog about 10 rows. Not trageic, just slowdown. On the Spring Shawl Surprise, I have finshed clue 4, and over half way through clue 5. I really like this project. Very challenging. As for the other projects, they just don't hold my interest. I feel too much pressure over the wedding dress to really concentrate on anything else. I want to finish the Galveston Shawl ( I only have 4 rows of clue 6 before we commence the outter border. The end is in sight, so I get excited, but the outer edge takes something like half and hour a round, so it seems to take forever). I still need to finish the Mystery Shawl 6(never mind #7 has started, but I am waiting for the yarn to arrive for this project), it mocks me from it's position in the lving room, near my favorite spot to sit and knit. I see it everyday when I sit down, calling to me, begging to be completed. I guess April will be the time of resurrection as I try to breath life into may projects that need to be completed.

Here it is March, and I can't think of one project I've completed yet in the new year. I can think of half a dozen started, but none completed. I guess you could say it's a perfect record......a perfect ZERO!

Well 2 months gone, 10 more to improve my track record.

No comments: