Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just A Ducky Day


Don't ask what made me think nothing says "Happy Birthday" like little rubber ducks...a moment of weakness... couldn't pass up a bargain... don't know. I saw them on the Easter Clearance table and couldn't resist.

Judging the girls response to the ducks when I got home, I knew I was onto something. They pounced on them and played with all the ducks(and not just in a row). There's something kind of odd going on when you see 2 dozen little rubber ducks milling around on the floor.

The Birthday girl was very excited about the idea of taking all the rubber ducks for her classmates(see picture below, w/ third day of Birthday crown. She's milking this for all she can). I thought I was being clever with the idea of blue icing and rubber ducks ( ok, it sounded like a cool idea until my husband heard the idea and just kind of rolled his eyes. he didn't say "No', or 'Nay", or anything negative. He just rolled his eyes. 'Nough said). Not real elegant, but I thought it would be lots of fun...for the kids. The school is open, but they are in springbreak (which means school is open for the kids who's parents can't afford to take the time off for a proper vacation, so they send their kids to school), so this was something a little different from their everyday fare.

On the "knitting side of life", I have finished the first edge of the Galveston Shawl, and about a quarter of the way across the second edge. Making swimming progress. Hopefully I won't lose too much momentum this weekend working in the yard/garden. I need to weed the planters to prepare for the spring crop of tomatoes.

1 comment:

Monkee Maker said...

What a great idea - as if cakes aren't good enough on their own, they have a bonus of a rubber duck on - excellent!

Hope your daughter had a great day, even if she did have to go to school ....

:)