Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Doily Madness


Isn't this pretty? I finished this long ago, but finding the space and the time to block is so difficult. I found this pattern in a Anna Mag from Germany. As I recall it was simple to knit. Blocking was a little difficult, as I couldn't seem to pull the doily out far enough to get rid of the lettuce edge. Finally managed to get it looking pretty good.

These last 3 photos are of all the same doilies, but I was trying to get a good picture that would show the detail a little. The 2 smaller light pink doilies was just using up scrap string left over from some other project...this was some string I received from my Mom last year. She works at a daycare center and they were throwing this and sveral other away. I had already used some on other small projects, but still have quite a bit to go. I am trying to build up my stock of doilies again. the girls love to give these as small gifts for their teachers, and with school resuming, I better jump on it for the holidays.

The middle sized one ( the dk pink one) really needs to be re-blocked. I ran out of pins, But I think I will re-block as a octogon on blocking wires. looking at the picture, you can kind of see what it would look like that way. This doily was knit on 00 or 000 needles, and the string was size 30, so it's pretty fine and hard to see. It really needs to be stretched better to open it up.

Now if only I could find time and space for the shawls I finished and haven't blocked.

No comments: