Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sock-it To Me


I started the new sock project for the six sox group, with something from my stash (not pictured here). It was nice little number- striped yarn in navy, and greens. After getting about 3" or so into it, I decided it was way too busy for the detailed design to really show up. I've had this yarn for awhile, but I remembered it as being more faded, but the colors, while nice combo, just don't work for this sock. I was thinking about the denim blue superwash I have to spin up, and thinking this would look real good in this pattern, if I can get it even and thin enough.

When this didn't work, I headed to the next project- Modified Orbits Socks. This might not have been the best choice in yarn (again), but (again) it was sitting in my stash, so I plowed through. The pattern as posted wasn't quite working for me, so I had to change it a little, but for the most part I tried to stay close to the original pattern.

No comments: