Friday, August 31, 2007

I've Got Nothing...

The Friday before Labor day weekend, happening to co-incide with month end closing...leaves my brain mush. I am pre-occuppied with knitting project and physical inventory( I have to check everything before posting to make sure I didn't miss something).

I am working on asmall stuffed lamb for DD2. I found a pattern somewhere as a guide line to start, but now that I have make the legs and have started into the body, I want to rip it our some and try one more time. It looks great ( I wish I had a photo to show, but I guess this is really a secret still until I have something a little more concrete), I am using some dk rose ( DARK) New Zealand wool I bought for felting purses, and I am combining it with some Eye-lash type novelty yarn I received from a friend ( a partial skein, I hope I have enough..). I was going to knit it up on big needles, then felt down, but this great w/o the felting, so I ripped out the one leg I had done and started again with smaller needles. This looks even better. Instead of knitting the 2 legs as seperate pieces that would be sewn to the side of the body, I knitted them up and just contiuned onto the body with no break. But now he looks a little fat in the hips ( and not in a good way). I will look at it some more before really deciding. I think what I will do is just stop where I'm at on the legs/body, and more on the arms and head. I am mostly worried about running out of the eye-lash yarn before getting these done.

Once this critter is done, I will try to make a little bunny for DD1 using the same base pattern (apparently my love for each child is measured by just how much effort I put into the toys for the kids). I have one more ball of the eye-lash yarn, this time in a tan taht I think will work real good.

Oh I am so looking forward to this weekend. Iknow, I know, it means lots of "Honey-Do" projects (clean the garge, get new phones, do laundry, do the yard, check the kids bicycles...) but the weather has been hot, the homelife caotic as we start the new school year, I just want a day or 2 to kind of unwind a little. Knitsome, maybe even get into my sewing room (ok the last is much more a wishful thought).

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.

No comments: