Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More of the Madness


Here's my (one of many) current project(s). This is another one of those "only at work" projects. I am currently on row 43, and hope to finish this soon (only 61 rows total in the pattern). They had quite a few doily patterns here but I didn't see any pictures, so I decided to start working them slowly, one-by-one.

This scarf is a little something I am working on for me. Last year I realized that I (Me), someone who has knitted for years...had no scarf for the colder winter months. This is kind of funny considering just how much knitting I do... only most of it is for other people. I saw the unspun fiber on ebay, and thought it wuld be very pretty to make a scarf with. When I received the box in the mail, I was a little dismayed to see it wasn't as red as the picture I saw on ebay ( I know colors can vary from monitor-to-monitor, but still I was hoping). I spun it up into a simple 2 ply fingerweight piece. It's a blend of Alpaca/Silk/Wool. Pretty stuff. I was wanting to make a simple moebius, so I wrote up a simple pattern, knowing whatever design I use will have to be reversible. I already used up the first ball of the yarn, now need to dig out the rest of it from my stash to finish this up. I'll need this for September 10th - San Francisco 49ers home opener. I know it's only September, but I think Mark Twain said it best "The coldest winter I ever saw was Summer in San Francisco.." or something like that. It can be very cold at some of those home games ( this is an eveing game on Monady Night Football. I'm excited just typing about the game ( don't ask me who they're playing - don't know/don't care. It'll be a fun game!).

No comments: