Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Funny Girl

DD2: Mommy, take a picture of my feet.
Me: Why?
DD2: It would be funny!


Me: Ok, here's a picture of your feet. Can we finish getting dressed now?
DD2: Mommy, take another picture of my feet.


Me: Here's another picture of your feet. Can you put your shoes on? We have to finish dressing for school.
DD2: Mommy, take another picture of my feet.
Me: No, we have enough pictures of your feet. Come on, we need to get moving for school. No, no, no, don't play with the camera, it's not a toy.



Gotta love the innocense of youth.

Although my knitting has slowed down quite a bit, I am making some progress. On daffodils, this has stalled out, but I am trying to pick up the pieces and get it moving along again. I am on row 109 of 168. It looks like to real hard part is past, and now it's a matter of helping it grow outwards. I will just have to be careful not to work hours on end on this just to finish, as I do think this is the one that was bothering my shoulder.

I had started the Secret of the chrysopolis, got as far as row 72 when I ran out of yarn on thie first ball I had. I have found another ball of yarn, so will resume work on this( i hope to post a picture of clue 1 completed soon). The group in onto clue 2 already, so if I don't get a move on, I will fall too far behind to keep up with everyone ( I knnow this is really a work at your own pace, but I was hoping to knit this in a timely fashion, and work on each clue when published).I love the pattern so far. It is very pretty.

The Secret of The Stole has started last Friday, and I haven't begun that yet. I was looking at the olive green superwash wool I had, and was thinking this would be a lovely color to use for it. I have spun up and plied 2oz., which should be enough to get started. It's been good to get back to the spinning again. I forget how fun and relaxing it is to spin. I am bringing my spindle with me more for those few moments I can catch between activities to get some spinning done.

And the worst part is now I am thinking of monkeys. Too much time at Monkee Maker, and The Vicious Chicken . I see that monkey and want one too......

1 comment:

Monkee Maker said...

Cute pictures of your DD2 :) and sorry about making your thoughts turn to monkeys .... as I've said before, watch out - knit one and you'll be hooked!

I hate to tittle tattle and tell tales, but you may want to get yourself over to the vicious chicken's site asap.

tsk! I'm SUCH a gossip!