Friday, October 5, 2007

Where have I been?


I know what your thinking- This doen't look like knitting. You're right. It's not. I have been knitting like a MadMan on the Daffodil design, but not without it's repercussions. I now have a pain in my shoulder. It started Monday, and it slowed me down quite a bit. At first I thought it was just that I slept wrong, but realized it was late in the afternoon, after a morning of intense knitting.I tried to back off on Tuesday ( it just about killed me NOT to knit all day), and my shoulder felt so much better. I am trying to knit in moderation, and this seems to help. but my progress has slowed so much.

This spinning is my attempt to distract me from the knitting. The movements are very different, but the hands are still busy, so I don't miss the knitting as much. This is some superwash wool I got off Ebay, and am thinking of using it for the stole in the KAL Secret-of-the-Stole. The color is quite nice, kind of a lt. olive. I have a pound of this fiber, not quite enough for a sweater as it is, would need to mix with something else if I'm going to use it for a sweater. But, now that I think about it, I also have a pound of this stuff in a sage green. I might be able to blend these 2 together for a noce color..... I will have to dig out that bag and see what happens.

1 comment:

the vicious chicken said...

Hey hey, thanks so much for entering my KSSP! It's so nice that people are responding... I truly worried that it might just be me, and a forged entry from one of the knitted monkeys...

I love the colour of the wool you're spinning - but I hope that your shoulder is better soon so that you can knit when you want to.
VCx