Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Done!


Ok, So at last I've finished the Victorian Lace Socks. I tried to get a good picture, but again, I failed. Same sock, 2 different looks. The color is really somewhere bewtween these 2 pics. Nice pattern, we'll see how they wear before I make another pair.

Kind of fun making the sock blockers from coat hangers. I made them from some hangers I had at home, but after I bent the hangers, I found they were on the small side. Well, for blocking socks, I guess the size isn't as important, besides, I knew these were on the smaller size as far a coat hangers go. I had bought them cheap for another craft project. I might try these again with "normal hanger"(whatever that means).

Didn't get nearly as much done on my other projects, I spent most of the weekend making the drapes for the window ( I forgot to get before pictures, so the impact of the after isn't as transforming as could be. I did take on another small project which did cut into my knitting time anyway. I am making this sweater/shrug for DD1 in a heavier varigated yarn I bought a long time ago. The color seemed like it would work with a skirt I am sewing for her, and wanted a little something for her to keep warm in the mornings - It's the middle of summer, and she's not warm enough during our walk to school in the mornings. What did Mark Twain say....somelike" the coldest winter I ever saw was summer in San Francisco...". Well, we're not exactly in S.F., but pretty dare close ( at least close enough for the morning fog before it burns off). When she's tried it on a few times, she's said it's really warm. Because it really only covers her arms, I'm hoping it's not too warm for her. If this works out, I'll make her another in Navy that she can wear at school this year. She goes to a private school, where uniforms are required. Although they aren't very strict rules (or so we hope), they do limit her tops to Blue,Green and Khaki, and bottoms to Blue and Khaki. Last year she seem to often be cold in the mornings, and lot of the day while in the classroom.

Well, obviously DD2 is something of a ham. She sure loves to get her picture taken. Whenever I have the camer out, she wants her picture taken. I don't always, but I do try to do it more often. I am terrible about taking pictures of the girls, and want to get better. I don't have lots of pictures of myself as a kid to show my daugthers, and almost nothing of my husband. It's fun to show them pictures of them as smaller kids and babies, and tell them the story about what we were doing when we took the picture. Someday I'll actuaaly get the pictures into a photo album...someday. For now, I just continue to collect them. With smiles like this, no need to worry about cloudy days. She knows how to bring the sunshine.

1 comment:

Nean the Bean said...

I love your socks! I am knitting my first-ever pair (just simple socks, not Victorian Lace)! Just gorgeous!