Monday, July 16, 2007

And Another Week Begins

I had a little fun this weekend, blending up some smalll pieces into one larger batt. I'm not even sure why I bid on this from ebay. Where was my mind? Anyway, I got out my carder and just started feeding this through. It really was a mish-mash of scrapes, and I thought this was a clever idea to combine them all into one, so I would have enough to do something with.
Not the best picture, but you kind of get the idea. It blended into a mauveish-grayish piece. It had one small piece with lots of colorful nubs in it, which got dispersed all over, so now there are bits and pieces of yellow/green/orange nubs throughout. It's not a strong enough anyone color over all, so I'm not exactly sure what to do...I think I'll try making some mittens with this stuff.

This is the monthly style for the KAL group. I want to try knitting these, but split the mitten in half, colorwise. i.e. the right half this stuff, the left half another color....only, I have to think of what color would work with this. The resulting wool is a little scratchy, so I hesitate to use it against the skin for a scarf, might work good as socks...but I still come back to the mittens. Maybe I should just make the mittens in a single color....I'll have to look at this some more.

No comments: