Friday, July 20, 2007

Eureka!

I found my knitting bug again. I was kind of languishing in the puddle of UFOs, but after calming down, catching my breath, I was able to start swimming again. I have picked up my Mystery Shawl# project again, after stalling out when I ran out of balled yarn. I am better thewn half way through clue 3, and am excited to be knitting again. I hope to finish clue 3 this weekend, and will post a pic ASAP! The next shawl starts July 28th, and I've signed up for it...although I don't know if I'll be working at it the same time as everyone esle. I may have to start this one late.


I am working on the Galvaston Shawl when it gets slow at work. I had started this once before, but wasn't happy with how it was looking, so I ripped and started again with the old stand by wool (my Thrift shop speacial). It is looking pretty OK. I posted Clue 1, and now I'm almost done with Clue 2. I should be able to post a pic by Saturday.

I haven't given up on the mittens yet, I am just thinking about the technique needed. I had started them the other day with a braided cast-on, but wasn't happy with how that was working. I know it has something to do with my technique of knitting with the 2 colors together. I strated it again with more stitches to try and make it bigger, but still wasn't happy. I've casted on a third time, and there it sits. I am contemplating wether I really want the multi-colored cuff as I invisioned, or just the one color.......hmmmm. Thinking. I have plenty to keep busy with for now anyway, with the 2 shawls I am currently working on. I haven't even started the Mystery Stole. I want to jump in, but hesitate while I work on the shawls. The moderator is posting a larger clue today (clue 4), to last the 2 weeks until the 5th clue comes out. As Harry Potter comes out tomorrow, she wanted to give everyone a little extra time to read the book and get caught up alittle beofe proceeding. I want to take advantage of this time to jump start the stole....I just need to figure out what yarn to use.

So much to do, so little time.

No comments: