Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday, Monday.


Well, I had such a great weekend as far as knitting goes. I was able to finish clue 2 on the Galvastan KAL. I am only working on this at work, so this week, I will tackle clue 3. When I had strated this before, I only got halfway through clue 2, so I'm already further then that ( I feel ahead of the game). I was able to complete this last Friday night as I expected, and hurried to put the stitches back on the needles before losing too many stitches. I like how this looks, and the stitch definition is nice. You can see the design well.

I also finished clue 3 of the Mystery Shawl. It's looking good. I didn't measure this when I had it stretched out for the picture, but the size to my untrained eye was OK, so I will push on to clue 4. I am anxious to finish this, as the next mystery shawl starts this weekend (first clue issued 7/28). I don't think this will be completely done, but a good jump this week, will make next week easier, as the first clue is usually small and done quickly with lots of time before the next clue.


I wasn't able to start into the Mystery Stole yet, but that will come in time. I have a small side project that needs attention first. Corbin must have shoe for the faire, so I want to knit up a pair of these ( the green ones in the middle). Corbin likes to kick his booties off, so we need a pair of booties that tie on. I will try the pattern out and see how well it knits up. There are a few other styles I would like to make, but want to make sure they fit, and the pattern isn't too complicated. I have some dk green New Zealand Wool I bought a couple of years ago, that would be great. I will also need to dig out the shift my girls used as babies(it won't matter if it's a boy using it, as it would be the same for either sex). I had a simple tie on cap I used for DD1, but I don't think I have that anymore, so I will see if I can't sew one up real quick to cove his tender head....we'll see.

No comments: