Thursday, July 12, 2007

Smile


Here's my baby, building forts in the living room... Just over her shoulder you can see the sample I was trying to photograph. That is clue 1 from the Galvastan Shawl KAL I joined. I had tried a few times to start this, but couldn't get into it (not that I didn't understand the directions, my brain just wasn't into it. Now I've finished clue 1,and am working on clue 2...hope to have photos to show soon.

This is worked in double strand of a lace weight cream colored wool I found on the internet. It's too fine to use single strand, but works well double...in fact, most of the shawls I've been working on have been made with this, as A) I have lots! B) It's wool, and light colored, so I can dye it a different color when done, and C) I have lots! I found these 2 spools of the stuff for roughly $20, and I've already knitted 3 shawls from it, and only slightly dented the masses. I think I orginally bought for doilies, as I was going through a doily stage at the time I found it, but this is a little too fuzzy for doilies(the stitch difinition would be lost), but it works great for shawls.

One last shot of my crazy girls. DD1 had spent the day at a party with a friend,abd came home to share with DD2 her treasures. I love you girls!!!
Happy Knitting :oP

No comments: