Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday Finishings


Ok, I won't really finish today, I'm only really into clue 4. I am almost done with row 16 of 68), but ran out of yarn until I go home an get another ball. This is an easy knit, just goes round, and round, and round.

I am also looking at starting another doily (oh, not another project!) for a co-worker getting married next month. I was thinking it would be a little something for the couple. I was looking at some yellow crochet thread I have. I was thinking about doing the "Daffodil" design from Marianne Kinzel's Second Book of Modern Knitting. A few years back I went to Connecticut in early spring, and just loved to see the daffodils popping up in the snow. Such brilliant yellow flowers. This crocheting thread reminds me of it... but as I look at it, it does seem a bit bright...I will think on it. The book says it would be Tea Cloth size, roughly 38" across. I would knit this on size 00 needles, so it make turn out a little smaller. I was considering using white thread, but I am drawn to the yellow. maybe I can play with this a little this weekend and come to a better decision.