Wednesday, September 5, 2007

More Doily Madness


See I said I had finished...and I did. This is the eight-pointed Star doily I've been working on for the last 2 weeks - Not that it's been that hard to knit, but rather it's too easy sometimes to put it down ( something about bad eyes/bad lighting and very fine needles..).

This isn't really how I typically block doilies, this was mostly so I could see what I had when it was done (I knew the bamboo skewers would come in handy for something).

I like this doily, simple, uncomplicated. A little tedious on the longer outer edges.

** I did 2 rounds of crocheted loops to use a bit more of the string. I couldn't bring myself to throw away the few extra yards of string, but had no problem throwing away the few extra feet of string once I finished the second round. I think it looks nice with the 2.