Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm Pacing Myself

Ok, so I figure I have to do a section/clue a week on my projects so I've got my work cutout for me.

Daffodils- This week I need to finish section D- 20 rows. No problem...except I'm not sure what I did with my book. I had it Friday at work, and thought I put it in my box of stuff to bring home, but I couldn't find it. I will look more tonight when I get home. I'm not as worried about this, I'm pretty sure I have my 4 rows of section D done for today.

GALKAL - the Galvestan Shawl. I am trying to finish clue 4 ( 6 rows to go), then I need to finish clue 5 by the end of this week. No problem, this clue is only 34 rows. 34 divided by 5 days- that's almost 5 rows a day. I can do this at night while watching TV with DD2.

Mystery Shawl 5- The first clue was given on Saturday. I was hoping to join in this one. I can jump in if I get my daily clotment done, but I won't push as hard on this project. Clue one is 60 rows, in a triangle styled shawl. This would go quickly. I am still thinking about whether I want to join the Halloween Shawl project or not. I wouldn't really get to work on it this month, it would definitly have to wait until I'm done with daffodils, before I could jump on that one!

I think when I break it down to these little goals, it's lots more do-able. Daffodils will continue to be worked on at work during slow times. GALKAL will be done mostly at home, as it's getting pretty big ( even if it's worked in the round on circular needles, it's still getting kind of big to travel with. And the MSG-5, well we'll see. I much prefer the square shawl to the Triangle, and I need to make up my mind on this one.

I only hope it's not too much for my hands to handle. That's a lot of knitting. I don't want to work my hands into soreness, it's just no fun ( not to mention the slow-down it causes).

Got lots of knitting to do.