Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can


Maybe, just maybe, I over estimated my ability to knit as much as I hoped.....

On the Daffodil Design, I am able to keep up with my projected section this week- I'm on row 67 of 72. I have made marvelous progress. I just need to keep plugging away. It's kind of like when I'm cycling up hill, I don't look at the top of the hill, I just put my head down and peddle, peddle, peddle. I get to the top soon enough ( or die trying...).

The color is really beginning to grow on me(or maybe my brain is just so excited that this really bright color is getting used and removed from the stash box...ya'think?).

As for the GALKAL- I was hoping to finish clue 5 by the end of this week- and I still have time, but I don't think I'll make this goal. All I had to do was finish clue 4 last weekend, but failed to do so. I can't tell you what I did instead ( sometimes the days run together), but I am on the last 2 rows of clue 4, haven't even started clue 5 and it's hump day. I will try, but doubt I'll make it. I would have to average something like 9 rows a day to meet this goal. Well, I guess it's link riding a bike uphill, don't look at the top, just peddle, peddle, peddle.

As for the mystery Shawl, I guess this one is really out of the question at this point. I so want to finish this GALKAL, and need to finish the Daffodill if I'm going to give as it's intended gift. So far, it looks pretty, and someday I'll have to try it.

For now, I will just put my head down and spin.